The Rangers are 7-3-3 and sit in second place in the Metropolitan Division with 17 points. Watching the team outside of the play of Igor Shesterkin, that would shock a lot of people. It has not been pretty, but the Blueshirts are finding ways to win like they did against the previously undefeated Florida Panthers at the Garden Monday. Their goalie has been brilliant, but he’s going to need some support from his teammates or this will be hard to keep up for an entire 82-game season.
To talk about the Rangers’ recent play and answer questions from Post Sports+ members, we bring you a new “Up In The Blue Seats” podcast with Ron Duguay and Mollie Walker. The Post’s Larry Brooks drops by in his weekly spot to try and break down what is going on with the Rangers in their third periods.
Up In The Blue Seats Podcast with Ron, Mollie & Jake:
- VIVA LAS VEGAS: Jack Eichel traded to Vegas. Could Ron have played in Vegas? Is it the same as New York? Did Ron ever get numbers during pregames when on the ice?
- IGOR: He was not frustrated, he had a stomach bug after Monday’s game. What was he eating? Did Ron ever have the runs when on the ice?
- MOLLIE VS. GALLANT: What happened during the testy postgame exchange in the press conference between Mollie and Gerard Gallant? Mollie says Gallant and her talked it out after practice Wednesday and all is good now.
- CHRIS KREIDER: Playing his postgame frustrations after the 6-0 loss to the Flames. Ron says someone needs to get angry. He’s been the leader of this team. Also, Connor McDavid’s big goal against the Rangers was insane.
- POST SPORTS+ QUESTIONS: Ron and Mollie answer questions from Post Sports+ members about Alexis LaFreniere, Kreider potentially being a captain, Gallant’s coaching, the defense and what this team needs to add.
Larry Brooks Interview:
The Post’s Senior NHL Reporter/Columnist
- THIRD PERIOD BLUES: What is going on with this team and its struggles in the third period?
- REAVES: Have not seen a big impact from Ryan Reaves on the ice thus far.
- TRADE DEADLINE: What might the Rangers do to bolster the roster?
Catch up on all episodes of “Up In The Blue Seats,” a New York Rangers podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. New episodes drop Thursdays during the regular season.